Tuesday, March 16, 2010

...

So, as a result of a lack of attention on my part, I've neglected to post. No surprise there. I am here now, though, so I'll fill you in.

We're all settled into the new place, which is way better than the old one. Bigger, brighter, more comfy. The cherry blossoms are blooming so we are getting set for spring. We even invested in some new living room furniture. Which, considering we are parents and cat people, is a bit of a risk.

Elijah is taking swimming lessons so that he'll be ready for all the adventures of the up coming summer. He is doing well in school. I am continually impressed by his reading. The boy's got skill. Elijah is also getting started with math and I can only hope and pray that he has more mathematical aptitude than I did as a grade schooler. He and I are signed up for a fishing derby in May. He keeps asking me if I remembered to send in the registration form and the fee. He really doesn't want to miss it.Olivia is in full toddler mode and has learned that she can get whatever she wants from her brother... Most of the time. Thanks to him, though, she can count to like twenty and recite her alphabet. She's getting strong enough to pedal so that will make walks and the outdoors more fun for everyone. She's on a princess trip these days, so it's Disney and pink everywhere. I've learned the names of all of the princess and am well versed in the new Tinkerbell movies. The only drawback is the magic wand that she can't resist using as a club. We can't count all of the times we've been cracked on the head by her wand as she yells some magical incantation. Good times.
As for Michelle and I, we are pretty much the same. I'm working on the new 747-8 now and she's still teaching at Main Street Kids in Edmonds.

All in all we are doing well. Until the next time I remember we have a blog...

No comments: